- Get creative!
Many not-for-profit organisations are rebranding #GivingTuesday for their organisations. From #GivingShoesDay to #GivingZooDay, give a twist to the name and logos to promote your brand and mission
- Did you know many donors work at companies that double the donations made by employees? Encourage your donors to submit matching gift requests
- Use social media to launch a new fundraising or awareness campaign. Use the #GivingTuesdayAus hashtag early and often on Twitter. Your constituents should know that you are part of this movement.
- Integrate #GivingTuesday into your end-of year campaign. Use this day to experiment and try a new strategy to close those end of year gifts.
- We’ve seen a lot of success with matching grants. Ask a board member or sponsor to put up a matching gift. You can use this to incentivise new or larger donations or to kick-off your end-of-year campaign.
- Consider trying mobile or online giving. #GivingTuesday is a great day to engage your online community and transform followers and fans into donors.
- Organise a volunteer project for your organisation. Invite donors, employees and your neighbors to get together to celebrate giving by creating a day of service.
- Share your story! Reach out to press outlets in your community and spread the word by sharing your story with us. Feel free to use our sample press release to pitch your story.
- Obtain skilled volunteers. Not-for-profit organisations can access professional expertise in HR, technology, strategic planning, and marketing through skilled volunteering.