Below are some examples of ways your organization can activate on #GivingTuesday in 2016:
- Donate or organize a fundraiser for a nonprofit and leverage #GivingTuesday. Experiment with creative approaches to expand your donor base and to raise more for charities around the world.
- Launch a campaign on #GivingTuesday to increase donations through the end of the year.
- Partner with a donor or sponsor to host a matching grant challenge for #GivingTuesday. This could be a 24-hour challenge, it could lead up to #GivingTuesday, or could launch on #GivingTuesday and run through December 31
- Volunteer at a charity or organize a larger team volunteer event with your friends, staff, and neighbors. • Donate pro bono hours to help charities in need of your skills.
- Organize a donation drive for people to donate goods, clothing, and other items for people in need.
- Partner with local organizations to give a donation (money, goods, or services) to nonprofits.
Ask organizations to work together to build a local #GivingTuesday movement. In 2015, over 50 cities and states led their own #GivingTuesday movements to benefit local nonprofits.
- ‘Create a #GivingTuesday product to sell during Black Friday and Cyber Monday and donate proceeds to a partnering charity on #GivingTuesday
- Get your local government officials to proclaim November 29, 2016 #GivingTuesday in your city or town. Make this a big press moment and bring the community together to celebrate generosity. Get Social • Activate your social media constituency (or open a new social media account) to talk about giving.
- Celebrate community heroes and service leaders on social media and with your local press.
- Email your community to educate them about #GivingTuesday and invite them to give.
- Share photos from past campaigns or volunteer events to teach your followers about how you serve the community. Remember to use the hashtag #GivingTuesday!
- Create a #GivingTuesday video with your family, community, or staff. Share on YouTube, Facebook, and social media using the hashtag #GivingTuesday.
- Brand your personal and organizational social media accounts with #GivingTuesday graphics and be an ambassador for the movement.
- Partner with organizations or sponsors to do a social media fundraising campaign, where a certain amount is donated per re-tweet, like, or post.
- #GivingTuesday is so much more than one day in November. Pledge to do more the following year. For instance, you can give a certain amount every month to a charity, pledge to volunteer every month, or launch a payroll giving program to continue to give back.